Application Process & Deadlines
Applications for 2020 Boehm Media Fellowship will be accepted through March 1, 2020. Late applications will only be reviewed if space becomes available.
To nominate someone as a Boehm Media Fellow click here.
All 2020 Media Fellow applicants submitted by March 1st will be notified via e-mail regarding the outcome of their application by March 31st.
* Note: A recommendation is required to complete the application for all new fellow applicants. It should be completed by a former or current supervisor, colleague, collaborator, or client and submitted by March 1st. The recommendation form can be found here.
For further questions please contact Kristi Ferrel at email@example.com.
Successful Boehm Media Fellowship applicants are high-impact media experts committed to economic justice and poverty alleviation with a demonstrated success in innovative social change.
Boehm Media Fellow Alumni are encouraged to apply as a Senior Boehm Media.
Financial need is a primary consideration. Applicants from organizations with adequate resources are less likely to be selected for a Boehm Media Fellowship. The Boehm Media Fellowship is committed to diversity on all levels including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, geographic region, experience level, and media focus.
Click here to apply as a New Media Fellow.
Click here to apply as a Senior Media Fellow.
Media Fellowship Terms & Conditions
Fellows are expected to engage before, during and after Opportunity Collaboration in the following ways:
Prior to attending the Opportunity Collaboration, Fellows will:
- Contribute 7-10 hours of their time between April and October.
- Collaborate through video conference calls, emails, Google docs, and Slack.
During the week of Opportunity Collaboration, Fellows will:
- Provide a minimum of 10 hours of service. This includes attending the opening and closing receptions, leading or co-leading onsite media sessions, and supporting both Fellows and Delegates through one on one and other types of support.
Following Opportunity Collaboration, Fellows will:
- Identify and share relevant content and resources (articles, blogs, websites, tools, etc.) to expand the media knowledge of the Delegate community.
- Provide feedback on the Fellowship via a survey and through a feedback call with one of the Media Coordinators.
Following Opportunity Collaboration, Fellows are encouraged to:
- Share their various media publication/work with the Alumni community.
- Work collaboratively on any relevant topics.
Boehm Media Fellowship Logistics
- Boehm Media Fellows receive a $3,100 scholarship to cover their Opportunity Collaboration conference fee.
- Fellows pay round trip airfare and a $850 registration fee, unless otherwise indicated.
- Additional limited scholarships might be considered based on demonstrated financial need and commitment to diversity. This includes a commitment applicants have to serving diverse geographic locations, genders, religions, races, ages, ethnicities, etc. As part of our own commitment to diversity, we strive to work with fellows who bring diversity not only based on their personal backgrounds and experiences but also their diverse media expertise and skill set.
- The fellowship includes all onsite costs: 5 nights lodging (Sunday – Thursday), all meals Sunday through Friday, gratuities, airport shuttle, etc. Note: Media Fellows receive their own rooms and are welcome to bring companions including children. See the Event Info page for more details on bringing a companion.
- Fellows are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including a travel visa from the Mexican government, if required. The Opportunity Collaboration provides Fellows with a formal invitation letter for use with immigration authorities.
- Cancellation: All Opportunity Collaboration delegates pay a non-refundable $850 registration fee.
Additional Relevant Information:
Click here to meet our current Media Fellows and Alumni.
Click here to see the media offerings from OC Global 2017, OC USA 2018, OC Global 2018, and OC Global 2019.
When selecting a new cohort of Fellows, the Selection Committee takes into consideration the following:
- The media needs to be identified by the Delegate community and Media Fellowship Alumni
- A wide range of media skills represented
- Diversity of perspectives: gender, religion, race, age, ethnicity, country of origin
- Financial need