Application Process & Deadlines
Boehm Media Fellowship will begin accepting applications for OC Global 2019 in November, 2018.
To recommend someone as a Boehm Media Fellow click here.
Please visit this page again for specific review dates for Fellowship applications. All fellows will be notified within 3 weeks of the review date. Once notified that an applicant has been selected, the applicant has fourteen (14) days to accept the Boehm Media Fellowship and thirty (30) days to register at the Opportunity Collaboration website. By accepting the Fellowship the Fellows agrees to all terms and conditions.
All applications received after the deadlines will be reviewed if space becomes available.
For further questions please contact Kristi Ferrel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful Boehm Media Fellowship applicants are high-impact media experts committed to economic justice and poverty alleviation with a demonstrated interest in innovative social change.
Boehm Media Fellows from previous years are encouraged to apply for the Senior Boehm Media Fellowship. Contact Kristi Ferrel at email@example.com for more information.
Financial need is a primary consideration. Applicants from organizations with adequate resources are less likely to be selected for a Boehm Media Fellowship. The Boehm Media Fellowship is committed to diversity on all levels including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, geographic region, experience level, and media focus.
Media Fellowship Terms & Conditions
Fellows are expected to engage before, during and after Opportunity Collaboration in the following ways:
1. Prior to attending the Opportunity Collaboration, fellows will:
- Participate in 5-7 hours of pre-event collaboration through video calls and session planning emails.
2. During the week of Opportunity Collaboration, fellows will:
- Attend Boehm Media events.
- Provide a minimum of 5 hours to lead or co-lead onsite media sessions.
3. Following Opportunity Collaboration, fellows will:
- Share relevant content and resources (articles, blogs, websites, tools, etc.) in a timely way to expand the media knowledge of the delegate community.
- Participate in a feedback call with one of the Media Coordinators to help improve the fellowship experience.
4. Following Opportunity Collaboration, fellows are encouraged to:
- Share their various media publication/work with the alumni community.
- Work collaboratively on any relevant topics.
Boehm Media Fellowship Logistics
- Boehm Media Fellows receive a $3,200.00 tuition scholarship.
- The Fellow pays round trip airfare and $750.00 registration. Additional scholarships will be considered for individuals from developing countries.
- The all-inclusive Fellowship includes all onsite costs for housing and meals (5 nights lodging, 3 meals per day), gratuities, airport shuttle, etc. All Fellows are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including a travel visa if required. The Opportunity Collaboration provides Fellows with a formal invitation letter for use with immigration authorities.
Additional Relevant Information:
Click here to meet our current Media Fellows and Alumni.
Click here to see the media offerings from past Opportunity Collaborations.
When selecting a new cohort of Fellows, the Selection Committee takes into consideration the following:
- The media needs identified by the delegate community and past Media Fellows
- A wide range of media skills represented
- Financial need
- Diversity of perspectives
- Country of origin